2020 Championship Events Routes
For 2020 there will be a single club championship, rather than the usual ‘Road’ and ‘Off Road’ competitions. The races are listed below (PDFs):
- Woolston Weir 5m
- Pub to Pub 10k
- Canal & Transpennine 10k
- Transpennine Half Marathon
- Arley Mile
- Chester Road to Penketh 10m
- Woolston Park 5m
The club has two handicap races and a mile time trail which are run every year plus a selection of training runs around town which are listed on this page:
Mile Time trail Route ( not 2020 )Arley Mile Time Trial
The training runs all start from Broomfield leisure center and take in the environ of Stockton Heath, Grappenall, Thelwell, Appleton, Warrington center, as far west as Runcorn. The summer routes try and use as many off-road paths as possible like the Trans-Pennine Trail and the Bridgewater Canal. The winter routes stick to the road because of safety concerns about running in the dark.
- Canal & Keckwick Hill (approx.10 miles),
- Up the Hill to Hatton (approx.10 miles) ,
- Footpaths around Grappenhall (approx. 8.3 miles),
- Canal & Transpennine (approx. 9.5 miles) ,
- The Dingles (max. 10.2 miles) ,
There are three routes that we use over the winter period, all are based around the town and benefit from street lighting.
Members are advised to wear high visibility/reflective clothing during winter months for their own safety.
- • Winter Route #1 (Approx. 9.5miles)
- A route from Broomfields, Thelwall New Road, Knutsford Road, Chester Road, Red Lane & Broomfields - see Tuesday Winter Run#1 for details.
- • Winter Route #2 (Approx 10Miles)
- A route that does a figure of eight through the town and is described on theTuesday Winter Run#2page.
- • Winter Route #3
- A route that takes in Dudlow Green, Grappenhall and Stockton Heath, see Tuesday Winter Run#3 for more details.
All routes have cut-off points to allow runners to run from 4 miles up to the total distance.