On Tuesdays we meet at Broomfields Leisure Centre, Appleton at 7pm for a prompt 7:10pm start. We meet in the car park at the front.
Tuesday run routes have options from 4 to 10 miles with several cut-offs. How far you run depends on you, but we match up “new” runners with “old hands” to introduce you to the routes and to make sure you don't get lost.
in the Summer we tend to use the footpaths around South Warrington. In the Winter we have to stick to the paths on the side of lit roads
The Summer Routes are
- Canal & Keckwick Hill (approx.10 miles),
- Up the Hill to Hatton (approx.10 miles) ,
- Footpaths around Grappenhall (approx. 8.3 miles),
- Canal & Transpennine (approx. 9.5 miles) ,
- The Dingles (max. 10.2 miles) ,
The Winter Routes are
- • Winter Route #1 (Approx. 9.5miles)
- A route from Broomfields, Thelwall New Road, Knutsford Road, Chester Road, Red Lane & Broomfields - see Tuesday Winter Run#1 for details.
- • Winter Route #2 (Approx 10Miles)
- A route that does a figure of eight through the town and is described on theTuesday Winter Run#2page.
- • Winter Route #3
- A route that takes in Dudlow Green, Grappenhall and Stockton Heath, see Tuesday Winter Run#3 for more details.
Members are advised to wear high visibility/reflective clothing during winter months for their own safety.
On Thursday we meet at Victoria Park running track at 7:15pm for a speed session.
This is not daunting as it may sound since all members can go at their own pace, and we will all remain in sight or each other.
For the track the club is split up into three groups according to ability. Each group has its own leader.
- Group 1 - Suitable for all abilities.
- Group 2 - Suitable for 45 to 52min 10K runners.
- Group 3 - Suitable for sub ~45min 10K runners.
A typical session may be:
- Group 1 - 10 x 400m with a 100m jog recovery
- Group 2 - 4 x 1k with a 400m jog recovery at 5k pace
- Group 3 - 5 x 1k with a 400m jog recovery at 5k pace
Track Training Plans are usually announced on the clubs Facebook page.
Please note that there is a charge of £2 for each tack session, this is a great discount on Warrington Council’s standard £3.50 charge.