24th June 2021
Event Cancellation - Warrington 10K
Unfortunately we are having to cancel our event for 2021 after the recent extension of the restrictions that were due to be lifted on 21st June.
We are gutted to have to cancel again this year, but unfortunately it is not possible for us to put on a safe event under current restrictions which our event now falls within.
We have been trying unsuccessfully to get approval for the event from the council and case numbers are currently rising in Warrington. This lack of certainty about whether we will get approval from the council was part of the reason we have cancelled the event. We feel it is better to cancel the event now rather than at the last minute.
We had initially planned to hold the event in close to its normal format. After the current extension of restrictions, we have inspected the course and discussed in detail how we can make changes to accommodate the required changes. The course however is a lapped course, with congested areas and crossover points and it is difficult for us to guarantee social distancing in the form that is required by the current guidelines.
It is not possible for us to postpone our race. As it is run on a weekday evening, we have a limited window in the summer where we have enough light to complete the race. We have therefore made the decision to cancel the event and come back again in 2022 at which point hopefully we will be able to run a traditional race.
We will be providing refunds for entrants who have already signed up. Please bear with us as it may take a few days for us to get this sorted. A further email will be sent out with instructions on how to request a refund.
I am deeply gutted to again have to cancel our event but the safety and wellbeing of our entrants, club members and volunteers is our main priority and we are confident it is the correct decision given the current climate.
I hope you will return to race with us in 2022.
Warrington Road Runners
If you want to run a 10K over a fast course in a friendly
and welcoming environment then the Warrington 10K is for you.
This event has been hosted by Warrington Road Runners for the last 35 years and it is the longest established 10k in Warrington.
The course is a very flat two laps based around pleasant parkland in Woolston, east Warrington. It has traditionally been a 'week evening' race and attracts runners of all abilities.
Video of the start of the Warrington 10K
- When is the race?
The race will be back in June 2022
- What is the Route?
The route is based in Woolston Park and the surrounding roads. Find further details by clicking here.
- How do I Enter?
Entry are via see entry page for more information.
- Where Can I Park?
The primary race car park is at Green Lane School on Holes Lane (WA4 4LS). Parking is by voluntary donation of £1, which is donated to the school for letting us use their facilities. Parking is also available at Kings Leadership Academy on Hillock Lane (WA1 4PF) where a voluntary donation of £1 will be also given to the school for a charity of their choice.
Please only park in the race car parks, as directed by marshals, and nowhere else. do not park on the roadside. You risk inconveniencing local residents, which affects the future of the race, and you risk blocking the course. Be aware that car parks will be closing at 9pm.
- Where Is The Race HQ?
The Race HQ is on the finish field, just a short walk from the rangers hut and will be open from 6:00pm.
Toilets are available at the rangers hut however there are no changing or storage facilities.
The presentation of the prizes of the runners will take place at the rangers hut after the race.
- When Do I Get My Number?
You should pickup your number (and race chip) from the race HQ on the evening of the race. Pickup is possible from 6pm.
- Is There Water During The Race?
There will be water station at approximately 5K and at the end of the race.
- Can I Transfer My Number?
- Will I be able to compete the course?
Only you can answer this! However the Warrington 10K is a great first 10K because:
- Its flat and we mean properly flat not like some so called 'flat' races with sneaky climbs in them.
- It is a two lap race so there will be plenty of support and encouragement for you as you go round.
- Historically runners are all abilities have taken park in this race, you will not be alone.
- Is there a photographer taking photos at this event?
- Is the race chip timed?
This race will be chip timed using disposable chips so you do not need to give in your race numbers at the end.
- Is there a goody bag?
We have a goody bag and memento for finishers of the run.
- Where will the results be published?
The results will be on the results page and on
- What are the prizes?
Cash prizes will be given to the top three men, and top three women. Prizes will also be awarded to the first placed Vet 40 and Vet 50 runners for both genders.
And all participants gets a goody bag!
- What is the Course Record?
Mens: Daniel Cliffe (2014) Warrington 31:55 Ladies: Katie Brough (2014) Vale Royal AC 34:45
Note that a new course has been used since 2012.
An archive of previous results for the race can be found here. If a new course record is set, the winner will receive a cash bonus.
- Get in touch
Race Director: email@example.com
A UK Athletics license will be applied for.
The course is certified as accurate by the UK Association of Course Measurers (16/227). Its certificate is here.
- Terms & Conditions
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the terms below and the Conditions, which include details of my cancellation rights. I also understand that I am entering in to a contract with the Event organiser and not England Athletics Limited and/or UK Athletics Limited.
- Agree that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, action, claim, cost or expense, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
- Consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics);
I acknowledge and agree that:
- Running is an endurance sport;
- I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness;
- I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event; accept that I am participating at my own risk; and will not attend the event unless in good health on the day of the event.
- I understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event Organisers officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others. Failure to do so may, at the discretion of the organiser, amount to misconduct and disqualification in accordance with UKA Rules 145 and 145 S1.
- My participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
- UKA Rule 240 S5: ‘The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic,’ will be applied. Runners not complying with this rule render themselves liable to disqualification.
In the unlikely event of abandonment or cancellation, all or part of my entry fee may be kept by the organiser to cover administration and/or sunk costs of the event. Refunds will not be provided to entrants (the online entry facility allows entrants to transfer their entry to another runner if desired).
The race will be run according to the UK Athletics Rules of Competition.