Tuesday Summer Run 2
Up the Hill to Hatton (approx.10 miles)
- Leave Broomfields by the main gate and turn left onto Broomfields Road. At the end turn right onto London Road. Drop down hill, pass the London Bridge pub, go over the canal and turn left into Mitchell Street.
- At the end turn right into Bedford Street, then left into Cawdor Street.
- At the traffic island continue onto what is now Whitefield Road.
- At the next junction follow Walton Lea Road, this drops away as it passes Warrington Sports Club on the right hand side, and then follows the canal on the left hand side, passing the entrance to Walton Hall also on the left.
- On reaching the Walton Arms, turn left and go over the narrow humped back bridge, then pass the entrance to Walton Hall Golf Club on the left.
- At the crossroads (Cut off 1) continue straight on up the hill to Hatton along Warrington Road.
- On reaching the Hatton Arms the road becomes Hatton Lane, continue on as the road bends left then right. At the sharp left hand bend remain on Hatton Lane, NB do not continue onto Pillmoss Lane.
- Eventually you will reach some houses on the right hand side of the road followed by a small fishing pond on the left. Continue on to the junction with London Road at the Cat & Lion pub.
- Cross at the traffic lights, and continue in the same direction down Stretton Road, passing in turn the Church on the left, the hotel on the right, and the Church Hall on the left.
- Remain on Stretton Road passing mostly fields on each side; the next roads you will pass are Cann Lane on the left and Pepper Street on the right.
- Continue on at the small roundabout, and into Appleton Thorn. At the Thorn pub the road now becomes Grappenhall Lane. Pass some modern housing and a sports field on the right.
- When you reach the Barlycastle Industrial Estate turn left, the road remains Grappenhall Lane.
- Go straight over the roundabout onto Broad Lane. Broad Lane drops away and bends to the left with fields on either side.
- After a short rise the road bends to the right and runs into the outskirts of Grappenhall passing the Cricket Club on the left.
- At the junction take the sharp left onto Church Lane and after approx. 150m take the left turn into Stockton Lane.
- Follow Stockton Lane as it gently drops away from you, pass Grappenhall Sports Club on your right, and continue on until as the road drops more steeply you come to the junction.
- Turn left into Lumb Brook Road, then right into Bridge Lane, running uphill past the houses and shops.
- Turn right on to Dingleway, then left at the Church onto Broomfields Road, continue straight on into Broomfields via the main gate.
Cut Off 1 - Run of about 4.8 miles
- On reaching the crossroads turn left into Park Lane, once you reach the reservoir on your right; turn left into Hough's Lane.
- At the end of Hough's Lane turn right into Walton Lea Road.
- Follow Walton Lea Road until the small traffic island, continue straight on the road now becomes Whitefield Road. After 400m there is a junction of five roads, with a telephone box on the right.
- Take the second road on the right Red Lane; continue over the canal, after the allotments turn left into Birchdale road.
- At the fork in the road, go right into Birchdale Crescent, at the end turn right and cross London Road.
- After 100m turn left into Broomfields Road, continue on until the main entrance to Broomfields Leisure Centre on the right.