Cross Country - Beacon Fell
The Beacon Fell race is hosted by Skelmersdale. The race is one of the toughest with some steep sections and potentially muddy depending on the recent weather. Spike shoes are best for this course, trail shoes are OK. If you run in road shoes then you will slip around so please be careful.
Refreshments are usually at the Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Engineering College which is a couple of miles away. Address is:
How to get there
Meet Broomfields car park at 8:15am for a 10am start to either car share or go in convoy.
Directions from Warrington:
- M6 northbound and exit at J26 (M58 turn off)
- Follow m58 westbound exit J5
- Follow loop around and under M58 onto Stannanought Road
- Turn right onto windmill road
- Turn right at mini roundabout onto Newgate Road
- Left at next mini roundabout onto Ormskirk Road
- Continue up Ormskirk road over 2 duplex mini roundabout and through a pedestrian crossing at the cross road (pub on left & chippy across the road)
- Turn left into Mill Lane
- Continue along Mill Lane for about a mile passing 1st car park on left (harts car park) and just along from here is the main car park (which can become a bit cramped)
Limited parking in the car park along near the start. Other car parks about 10mins walk away.
Toilets 10 min walk away. Shower facilties at the school afterwards.
Beacon Fell in Google maps
View Larger Map
Movie of Beacon Fell Race, 2009
More information can be found on Steve Saunderswebsite