Why should join Warrington Road Runners?
Would you prefer to run with other people instead of on your own? The benefits of joining a running club are many and include:
- Enjoy the company from other like minded runners,
- Inspiration and motivation,
- Safety from knowing that there are people about,
- Experience different types of running such as fell running, cross country, track, trail running,
- Benefit from coaching,
- Addend running events with other club runners,
- Join in the club competitions,
- Advice from experience runners,
And of course it is one of the most healthy activities you will undertake.
Will I be able to keep up?
Our regular runners can usually run about 4 miles non-stop (however fast or slow). This is the smallest distance on the Tuesday nights runs.
If you are really sure that this is beyond you then we do regularly run beginners groups, please see our Begin Running beginners page.
If you want any more information then please e-mail Ian Edge by clicking here he will be glad to help.
We would love to see you and we welcome any new runners. All new runners are invited to come along to one of our training sessions at the Broomfield Leisure Centre or Victoria Park running track to see what the club is like (see training pagefor more details).
If you want to join/rejoin then you can either:
- Fill in a membership form and send it to our club secretary John Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the appropriate membership fee Payment can be made by one of the following methods:
- Cash, passed on to a committee member on a training night.
- Cheque (made payable to Warrington Road Runners), passed on to a committee member on a training night.
- Bank Transfer, Details are on the membership form
Membership Categories and Cost
|Standard WRR Membership||£13 per year|
|Unwaged WRR Membership||£7 per year|
|UK Athletics Affiliation||£15 per year|
Do I need to affiliate to UK Athletics?
As a club we are affiliated with England Athletics which is part of UK Athletics (UKA).
Affiliating as an individual is optional but it offers benefits including;
- Discounted entry (minimum £2) on UKA licenced road and multi-terrain events.
- A discount on running gear throughout the year at Sweatshop.
- ebulletins including key information on the sport and exclusive registered athlete offers.
- Automatically recording of your race results by the "Power of 10"service,
- Discounted access to UKA training courses.
- Entry to UKA events likes the County Cross Country and Road Relay Championships.
And finally the club gets awarded a number of places in the London Marathon every year. The number awarded depends on the number of UKA affiliated members in the club and are allocated to affiliated members via a ballot.
Affiliation is optional, the cost for affiliation in 2017-2018 is £15.